Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How Exciting...

...is it when our troops come home safe! On Friday January 8th the 335th Fighter Squadron swooped in perfect formation above the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base as many family and loved ones watched and waited anxiously to greet their hero's returning from Afghanistan.

I had the privilege of photographing this family back in August just before the husband and father of three was to leave for his deployment. I was invited once again to photograph them but instead of a regular family session they wanted me to document the long awaited reunion and I felt honored to be asked.

Truth be told, I love to photograph all kinds of things but I adore documentary! I have a degree in fine arts photography and my senior project was a documentary...maybe someday I'll post about that but back to my point. In studying photography, out of all the styles and genres there are I was always enamored with documentary. SOooOoo I'm very excited to share these pictures and timeless moments from this wonderful families joyful reunion! Hope you all enjoy the sneak peek!




Ok, I had to post that photo by it self because it's classic...now on with the sneak peek in the order of how they happened...starting with the oldest son watching his daddy's jet circle in for a landing!







Here is his jet...it was hard to miss with him proudly holding the University of Alabama flag after their win against Texas in the BCS championship the night before. Then I turn around and see his beautiful wife proudly waving the same flag! How happy is she that her man is home! His daughter too...









Here was the long awaited moment!











I love how happy and at peace the older two look holding their dad who is equally as happy...and the two year old is classic...no care in the world with her daddy safely home and some McDonald's fries in her hand!

8 comments:

Lyndsey Lewis said...

made me cry...they are incredible

rachael hall said...

Dear Sabrina, my friend Matt sent me your link (he was the other pilot in your post). You truly captured a moment that makes my eyes water with happiness for this family. God bless your eyes and hands as you use your gifts to bring so much joy to others.

Abbie Stanley said...

what an awesome request and what beautiful pictures - so great they have these smiles too look back on in the future but even greater that he's home safe! What a joyful thing to have pictures of!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...cried like a baby.

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I think precise post. Specially the designation attracted me to be familiar with the intact story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I about the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

paigehermreckphoto said...

AMAZING and such a sweet moment. It really shows how much you value photography if you arent afraid to get out there during such an intimate moment. Great colors. I really enjoyed your blog :)