Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanksgiving...

...a couple weeks late! Sorry that I didn't get this post up sooner, now that Christmas is just around the corner. But better late than never. That plus I figure Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years all kind of bleed into one another with family, friends, and food!!! (Throw in Faith and you have my favorite four words beginning with "F"!) Those four words are what the holidays are about for me...the forth word, FAITH could be "unpacked" quite a bit more but I'll leave it at that for now.

I wanted to share with my internet family a few photos from our Thanksgiving in a small town in up-state NY. Walton NY is where my cousin and her family live and they graciously hosted 25 of us for the day! It was the first time we had all been together in almost 5 years so the occasion was extra special. I hope you all enjoy these pictures as you reflect on your own families this Christmas. My husband and I will be spending the next two weeks in Ohio with all of his family so I will not be posting again until the new year....BUT PLEASE check back early in 2010 because I know I will have a LOT to share with you all! Be safe and God bless!



My cousin, who hosted the big day is an amazing cook! Of course she did study culinary arts at Johnson and Wales University in Providence RI. and is now a college professor of culinary arts at a small university in up-state NY. She was responsible for this incredibly scrumptious and perfectly cooked turkey!!! Yummm!







Who doesn't like pie!! Graydon was looking for seconds I'm pretty sure!







How beautiful is my cousin's daughter...it's been said many times but I have to say it again...you can't pay for hair that color!







Graydon watching his daddy throw around the football after all that eating!
What's Thanksgiving day without a little football?!?!



The kiddos wanted in on the game too!





I'm so thankful for so many blessings that God has given me though I don't deserve them!

No comments: